Saturday, November 24, 2007

At last!

Come to find out.. I am not a very faithful blogger....yet!

I'm writing this sitting here in my little attic room, listening to the sounds coming from the street below... the ongoing drum beat from the pub beneath, shouts and screams from the punks hanging out, the occasional firework.. ya know..pretty normal ;)

I'm staying warm inside the sleeping bag that I keep hidden under my covers. It has become permenant bed clothes for the winter. My tummy is full from the Thanksgiving meal I enjoyed tonight with some American friends. How nice to have a touch of home. Instead of turkey we had goose. Wouldn't recomend it! ;) Sweet potatoes, green bean caserol! Pumkin pie! Thank you, Lord!!

I'm all settled into my new home sweet home at Alaunstrasse 30 or also know as: A30. I live with two amazing people who love to speak English... wonderful for getting to know eachother...terrbile for my German! But I'd rather get to know eachother! Beneath us lives the family who owns the building. They are full of sweetness and have been so kind to me. Their daughter and I have become fast friends. She teaches me German and I teach her helpful words like Yummy and Okie Dokie! She's 3. :) Below them is the prayer room. Below the prayer room is a pub, The Purple Haze. Now how's that for a name! Two other sweet ladies live in the garden house as well. We all meet three mornings each week to pray together and we have 'community night' on Wednesday nights. It's such a blessing to be here. I couldn't be in a better place. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: