Thursday, November 1, 2007

welcome to dresden!

I'm finally on German soil! I believe I counted around 22 hours of travel time today. My sweet family dropped me off at SEATAC on Monday evening. It was so hard to say good-bye :( I LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!!! The trip started out with a bang when I got pulled over during the security check. I got the wand and my guitar got the royal treatment…something like it kept making these special sensors go off that detect bomb making materials. Hmmm…the last time I checked, I wasn't carrying any explosives :)

From Seattle to Copenhagen. From Copenhagen to Frankfurt. From Frankfurt to Dresden by train. All with appx. 160lbs of luggage and only two arms. Piece-O-Cake! Let me say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the people who helped me carry things that I know will never ever read this blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were lifesavers! My wonderful friends, Dierk and Stephan, were waiting at the Dresden Main train station to pick me up and it just so happened that I was waiting at a train station too….the wrong one! Unaware that there were two train stations in Dresden, I got off at the wrong one. Who knew! But they finally found me and got me all packed in and brought me safe and sound to the Mueller home (Dierk's parents) where I'll be staying for a couple of days until I can move into my new room.

Thank you for your prayers! I definitely felt protected and safe the whole time :) I'm so thrilled to be here and to started life here. The agenda for the week is to meet my new flatmates, meet with the ministry leaders I'll be working with, figure out a ministry schedule, find a bed and move in! I LOVE YOU!!!! HUG HUG HUG

*holly

12 comments:

Deni Starbuck said...

We miss you here - but good to know you arrived safely.

My name is Shauna said...

And the adventure begins!

Melissa said...

oh dear sweet friend! i'm so excited to read about your adventures! to think in internet miles you're living in my room and at work with me too! yay!!! glad you made it okay and i can't wait to see you in July!!!!

Meredith Warren said...

I'm so happy for you Holly! Can't wait to hear what God does!!

Mickey Davis said...

Praise God! We are so happy you arrived safely and are being treated so special. We miss you and love you so much.
We know God is going to do wonderful things through you.
Loves and Hugs,
Mom & Dad

His Life, Not Mine said...

I pray that you will be strengthened in your inner heart on a daily basis - Push the envelope!

Laurel said...

We're happy you have arrived in Germany safe and sound. What an experience. Enjoy.

Love you

Uncle Mike and Aunt Laurel

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled for you sweet thing. I see His glory shinning through you melting the darkened veil that covers their eyes. Your His and that settles it :)

Miss you.

Mickey Davis said...

Hi Sweetheart. It was good to hear your sweet sweet voice this morning. You will sing into the hearts of all the people in Germany.
Love you so much!

David Bialik said...

Schön bist gut angekommen!
Hast du eine neue Email Adresse? Wie geht die neue Wohnung, Arbeit usw?
Write soon!
Bis bald.
MfG
David B.

Holly Davis said...

Hey everyone! So I just now found all these comments! I'm definately not all together with-it when it comes to blogging! :) I'm trying to be a more consistant blogger.. notice the current posts! Yeah! :) It's so wonderful to read these notes and I appreciate you so much :) Miss you!! holly

Nikol said...

Hi Holly,
Just wanted to say hi and tell you how much we think of you. We missed you so much at the holidays and cannot wait to hear all about your travels and adventures.
We love you, Niki