Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas in Freiberg

Christmas in Freiberg was great! The Kuhn family has decided to adopt me and never let me leave :) I had a wonderful time with my house-mate, Elly and her parents. I stayed with them in Freiberg for a week catching up on some German homework that was dying to be completed, letters and sightseeing! We saw lots of forests, snow, castles and churches. It was such a blessing to have a wonderful family to spend Christmas with. I was able to SKYPE with my family and even got to see the little kiddos open their gifts on Christmas morning. Who would have thought! It was great to have a break away from Dresden. Back in the swing of things again :)

more photos at : www.picasaweb.google.com/dollyindresden
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mickey Davis said...

HollyDolly,
It is so good to put a face to all your new friends in Germany. Thanks for sharing them with us.
We love you and miss you so much but know that you are forming lasting friendships over there in Germany. Tell the Kuhns thankyou from us for letting you share their Christmas with them.
God bless you and keep you in His care,
Mom & Dad

Melissa said...

My lovely Holly,
I got your letter the other day and am working on a little something for you too. I loved looking at all your photos. You've given me the travel bug again! I sure miss you and love that you are building some great friendships and meeting some fun people! LOVE YOU!!!!
Melissa

Holly Davis said...

hey miss melissa! Let me say that I saw those New Year's Eve photos and after I stopped rolling on the floor laughing, it made me extremely homesick.. longing for hours with my girls taking silly photos and being goofey. Miss you!

Jap-Jap said...

Hi Ms Holly! Sounds like everything is starting to settle down, yikes about that big fall, I'm glad you're ok though. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas, we certainly missed you here in B'ham. Our small group is definately not the same without you, and I just can't wait to see you again.
Things with me are pretty good. Lots of school and work which is really wearing my spirit down. If I can just make it through winter quarter, I think things will start to pick up again. Lots of love and hugs, Holly!!!!
Take care and keep on posting!
Love, Sarah