Monday, January 14, 2008

Coffee and Cakes

Right before Christmas a group from the Bible School stood outside the unemployment office handing out free Coffee and cookies. It was definately one of my favorite things! Being a foreigner definately helps initiate conversaions! It was a lot of fun joking around with folks, getting people to try my home-made 'American' cookies, and I also had several meaningful conversations and handed out three Bibles. One woman even broke down in tears because the coffee and cookies blessed her so much! Really sweet! Even simple things like a free cup of coffee on a cold day really matter to people.

Blessings!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear your holiday was good! Thinking of you and praying for you!

Love Kristan

Holly Davis said...

Hey Kristan! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas too. I'd love to hear how everything is going. I tried emailing but it came back to me. I tried it a second time and it didn't come back to me so I hope it got to you! Love you, holly